Assisi College of Nursing
Recognised by Govt. of Kerala, INC, KNMC and Kerala University of Health Science
Assisi college of nursing is a dream project of Vijayapuram Diocese under the patronage of the Bishop Rt. Rev.Dr. Sebastian Thekethecheril . It is a self-financing professional college run by the Vijayapuram Diocese and a unit of Assisi Hospital society. This college Established in the year2012 and is affiliated to the Kerala University of Health Sciences(KUHS ) and approved by the Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council, Red Cross Road, Thiruvananthapuram , and Indian Nursing Council.. Assisi College of Nursing conducts a Bachelors degree in Nursing of four year duration with an annual intake of 40 students. The course aims at preparing professional nurse graduates who are competent to render qualitative care to patients in all settings.
To serve as a model for transforming the health of rural underserved regions through excellence and innovation in nursing education, leadership, research, scholarship and practice. We aim at preparing nurses for leadership position in nursing and health fields who can function as specialist nurse practitioners, educationists, administrators and investigators for a wide variety of professional setting in meeting the changing needs of the society. The programme prepares nursing graduates who are professionally equipped, creative, self-directed and socially motivated to effectively deal with day – to – day problems within the existing constraints and act as an agent of social change by transforming the health of rural underserved regions through excellence and innovation in nursing care and practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability to provide holistic nursing care to the individual, family and communities.
- Develop skills in interpersonal communication.
- Instill themselves values of dedication and to provide preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative services
- Involves the activities of professional organizations.
- Contribute to the upliftment of the needy people in the society.
- Impart health care knowledge to patients and relatives.
- Achieve skills in leadership and administration.
- Develop a sense of interest to research in n